apple cider, matcha green tea, & nondairy flaxseed milk make for a tasty treat
made a special stop at Tea Lab yesterday because I needed some earl grey. to my pleasant surprise, they offer several, including one with lavender, a deliciously sweet smelling one, and the lovely earl green (green tea instead of black!) I brought home. it is wonderful!
Tea Lab can be found here- http://www.thetealab.us
#green #tea #roll #cake #foodporn #breakfast #geeilovetoovertagthings
As an avid tea drinker, I thought I’d share some benefits from tea that might persuade others to start drinking it as well ;D It tastes great and it’s very healthy!
- Green: Full of antioxidants, meaning it prevents cancer. Especially lung cancer. Reduces the risk of developing heart diseases and promotes heart health. Reduces risk of neurological disorders. Lowers blood pressure. Promotes healthy teeth and gums. Improves cholesterol levels.
- Black: Strongly promotes heart health. Reduces inflammation. Contains antioxidants as well. Can help fight off viruses. Contains the most caffeine out of the different types of tea and will keep you awake.
- White: Promotes heart health. Lowers blood pressure. Promotes strong bones. Contains anti-bacterial and anti-viral agents. Promotes healthy teeth and gums. Makes skin stronger. Reduces blood sugar, meaning it can help those suffering from diabetes.
- Oolong: Reduces cholesterol build-up. Helps burn fat. Can help with digestion. Strengthens the immune system. Promotes bone health. Fights against tooth decay.
- Herbal: Different herbal teas do different things. Check it out.
These are the teas I mainly drink but check out the site if you want to learn more! There’s a tea for insane amounts of disorders and ailments. My only suggestion is to avoid “dieter’s tea” unless you are suffering from constipation because it is basically a laxative.
As for sweetening, I suggest honey or a small sprinkle of sugar. Just don’t overdo it. And for the best results, I suggest loose leaf if you can afford it. It tastes better that way. If not, it still tastes great from a tea bag.
listening to a simon and garfunkel record, reading the soul of the universe by gustaf strömberg (recommended), and drinking green tea. just ate an asian-style veggie patty burger with shredded carrots and a fried egg on it. am completely overwhelmed with how good everything is right now. aforementioned activities are highly recommended after smoking a bowl. bonus if it’s raining.
My salad today had a savory green tea granola sprinkled on it!